19. Removed the autopilot drive unit after taking 3 hours to remove the clevis
pin at the end of the ram. (A 1/2” pin had been forced into a 12mm hole). Turned down the clevis pin in order to be
able to remove it, cleaned and reinstalled the unit.
20. Removed all cabin
windows, considerably damaging the surrounding fiberglass and interior finish panels (due to windows being bedded with 3M
5200 by PO). Made all openings smaller to accommodate new but smaller front four opening ports and allow better holding and
sealing of the rear four opening ports. Repaired the collateral damage.
21. Spray painted all cabin, deck and cockpit exterior white surfaces with Imron.
22. Brush painted all deck nonskid surfaces, adding sand or commercial nonskids
depending on location.
23. >> Installed all 8 opening ports –
4 new and 4 existing but recently purchased by PO.
24. Replaced much of the ship’s wiring and changed the wiring layout. Separated
starting and house circuits with their own switches.
25. Refinished all exterior teak.
>> Made teak retaining rails at the outer edges of the cabin top under the dodger
to prevent stuff from sliding off when heeling.
New Items – Engine:
Electronic ignition system
28. Oil filtration system
29. Crankcase positive ventilation system
30. Tachometer, oil pressure, temperature gauges and senders